2 Years Warranty on All Boiler Installations
12 Months Warranty on All Laboures
Please check your billing and address details are correct. If incorrect please email us with correct details to email@example.com
Please contact us if you require further assistance
CONDITIONS AND ACCEPTANCE
Orders are accepted subject to the following conditions –
1. All works carried out by Commercial Gas SystemsLtd has a twelve-month guarantee excluding the boiler. (Please refer to section 2 regarding boiler guarantees).
2. The boiler which you have chosen to be installed is guaranteed by the manufacturerwhich covers parts and labour subject to a yearly boiler service.
3.The contract price quoted is conditional upon acceptance in writing, within twelve weeks of the date of estimate and only includes the works specified.
4. The works will be carried out as soon as possible.However we cannot accept responsibility for any delay which may be caused by inclement weather, non-availability of materials, or any other circumstances beyond our control.
5. We reserve the right to refuse to accept cancellation of an order where we have placed specific orders for materials or services provided. A 20% restocking fee will apply.
6. When making any alterations to existing heating or domestic plumbing we can only guarantee the work and materials which we supply and fit. Any failure to existingpipe work, valves, radiators, washers etc are not covered but we will be pleased to quote for any necessary rectification work.
7. All scrap metal, cylinders, radiatorsand boilers will be removed and disposed of by the contractor. This excludes any steal water tanks in the loft. These will be made redundant and left safe.
8. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to dispose of any rubbish generated from the job. All rubbish will be bagged up and the site made tidy upon completion of the works. We will take any cardboard as this can be recycled.
9. If parking permits are required, it is the responsibility of the client to supply them. If the client cannot supply these then parking charges will be added to the final price.
10. 50% of thelabour cost and 100% of materials costs deposit is required before work can commence, so parts can be ordered in advance.
11. Full payment is required within 14 dayson completion of the works.
12. All card payments carry a 0% surcharge.
13. On completion of theworks the boiler manufacturer allows us 21 days to issue the warranty. Both the boiler warranty and gas building regulation certificate will only be issued once full payment has been made.
14. The customer has the right to cancel up to two days prior to the work commencing. After this time the 20% deposit taken will automatically become non-refundable 15. All work is Subject to an onsite survey.
16. Commercial Gas Systems Ltd reserve the right to alter any of the above terms and conditions although the customer will be notified within a reasonable time frame of any changes.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Where can we not resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact 0333 241 3209 or via their website http://www.disputeresolutionombudsman.org/which-trusted-traders-partnership/
TERMS OF PAYMENT
Payment methods include – Cash, Cheque, Card or Bank Transfer payment
Thank you for your business
Commercial Gas Systems Ltd
1. Installation and commissioning must be carried out by a Gas Safe** registered engineer, within 6 months of despatch of the boiler from Vaillant’s warehouse.
2. All works must be fully in accordance with the installation manual and these terms and conditions.
3. The Benchmark logbook must be completed by the installer at the point of installation and retained on site for inspection during an engineer’s visit.
4. The guarantee will commence from the date of installation. To validate this Vaillant will require proof of purchase – i.e. an invoice or completed Benchmark logbook, without which the guarantee will commence from the date of manufacture, as shown on the boiler data plate.
5. The boiler guarantee must be registered within 30 days of installing the appliance. Failure to register within this time period will result in the guarantee reverting to 12 months from date of installation.To register your guarantee and for further details go to our website at: www.vaillant.co.uk
6. To register you must provide the full 28 digit serial number of the appliance. This is clearly shown on the;
Appliance data plate
Removable stickers attached to the top of the boiler
Back of the control box
7. The boiler must be serviced annually by a Vaillant or other registered Gas Safe Registered engineer in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
8. Service details must be recorded in the Benchmark logbook which must be available for inspection.
9. The cost of annual servicing is not included in the guarantee.
10. The guarantee applies only to boiler component failures and does not apply to any other central heating system components external to the boiler, (such as room thermostats, time controls, motorised valves etc.).
11. Any Vaillant article or accessory supplied other than the boiler, e.g. control, will be covered by a separate guarantee relating to that accessory.
12. The guarantee will cover material and labour charges to repair or replace components within the boiler against manufacturing defects from the installation date, provided the repair is carried out by Vaillant or a Vaillant authorised Gas Safe registered engineer.
13. Invoices for attendance and repair of this appliance by third parties will not be accepted for payment unless pre-authorised in writing by Vaillant.
14. The guarantee on any repair or replacement parts (including boiler replacement, should it be necessary) does not extend the guarantee period in relation to the appliance beyond the original term as defined in accordance with clause 5.
15. If any failure is caused by contaminated water in the boiler (e.g. blockages, or influences of flux residues, iron oxides, limescale, sludge etc.) the engineer’s visit becomes chargeable at the prevailing rates.
16. Moving the boiler to another property without Vaillant’s written consent will invalidate the guarantee.
17. Self-maintenance tasks such as re-pressurising the system, bleeding air or thawing frozen condensate pipes are not covered by the guarantee. In these instances Vaillant recommends you contact your Gas Safe registered engineer.
18. The guarantee does not include cover for fair wear and tear, wilful damage, abnormal storage or working conditions, accidental damage or negligence by you or by any third party and failure by you or any third party to operate or use the products in accordance with the operating instructions.
19. The guarantee does not cover installation in mobile leisure accommodation vehicles – i.e. boats, caravans etc.
20. The guarantee does not cover consequential losses relating to any other costs or expenses caused by or arising as a result of the breakdown of a Vaillant boiler.
21. All installation related, non-boiler or external system fault calls will be charged to you and could also invalidate your guarantee.
22. Health and safety is paramount to us and if our engineers cannot gain safe access to the boiler or an engineer cannot gain access to the property then Vaillant’s abortive charge will apply.
23. For calls requested to boilers within the guarantee period a refundable deposit may be required prior to the commencement of any works or any visit. This deposit will not be retained if the diagnosed fault is covered by the boiler guarantee.
24. If these terms and conditions have not been complied with in full then Vaillant reserves the right to declare your guarantee as null and void. Vaillant’s decision regarding guarantee claims is final.
25. If this guarantee is declared null and void, upon your request, Vaillant may offer to provide an extended guarantee product for repairs and annual services for an additional cost.
26. This guarantee is in addition to, and does not affect, your statutory rights in relation to any product that is faulty or not as described.
27. The use of any non-genuine Vaillant spare parts in any repair will invalidate the guarantee.
28. In registering the guarantee please note that Vaillant will share your personal data with its business partners in order to assist with the administration of the guarantee.
29. The guarantee is provided to you by Vaillant Group UK Limited, (registered in England with Company Registration No. 00294316) of Nottingham Road, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 1JT.
30. The guarantee is valid for installation in domestic dwellings in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands.
31. The terms of this guarantee are subject to the laws of England and Wales and any dispute arising from this guarantee shall be decided under those laws and before a court or tribunal in England.
Additional requirements for single or multiple boiler installations that total over 70kW
32. The boilers built-in air purge routine must be run for its full duration to eliminate air before any initial firing of the boiler following system filling or refilling. During these periods boiler flow temperature should be set no higher than 50°C.
33. The boiler must be flushed prior to first ignition to ensure that there are no impurities or contaminates within the heat exchanger.
34. Boiler installations comprising single OR multiple (smaller) boilers where the total output exceeds 70kW net then the use of a plate heat exchanger to provide system separation (achieving total separation of the boiler(s) from the pipework and heating system within the premises) is a fundamental requirement for the validity of the guarantee.
35. All water circulating within the boiler is to be checked for hardness and salinity, and must be in a clean and uncontaminated state, correctly and fully treated with corrosion inhibiter before first ignition and maintained so throughout the boiler life cycle with details logged in the Benchmark log book. Failure to ensure the pure quality of water within the boiler side of the system will make the guarantee void and no payment will be made there under.
36. All boiler installations must be fitted with suitable disconnection facilities to gas, water, electrical and flue systems to allow our engineers to carry out any remedial works as may be required without intervention of third party specialist contractors. Should third party specialist contractors be required to carry out remedial works then the owner/occupier must arrange for these works to be carried out in co-ordination with Vaillant service at the customer’s own cost. Any such costs will not be covered by the guarantee.
37. The boiler, its controls and flue systems must be installed in full accordance with the supplied installation manual as well as all prevailing building control regulations and local regulations. The flue termination must allow for full free safe dispersal of the flue products which must not contact building surfaces or cause nuisance due to plume.
** or its equivalent body
Under the new law, people have the following data protection rights: The right to be informed Individuals have the right to know why and how their personal data is being processed. Having a good privacy notice (see step 3) will help make sure you’re protecting this right. Further Information The right of access Under current data protection law, people already have the right to ask you for a copy of all the information you hold about them. This is called a subject access request. The right of individuals to access their personal data will still exist under the new law. So, before 25 May 2018, make sure you have processes in place that allow you to provide this information to the individual making the request. Under the new law you’ll need to provide the information within one month. A copy of the requested information must be provided to the individual free of charge unless the request is what the law calls ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’, in particular if it is repetitive. If you decide to charge a fee, it must be based on the administrative cost of providing the information. If you refuse, you must tell the person why and let them know they can complain to the ICO or seek a judicial remedy. You have to do this as soon as possible and within one month. Further Information The right to rectification Individuals have the right to have their information corrected if they believe it is factually inaccurate – this is known as the right to rectification. For example, if a builder sends an invoice to a customer at the wrong home address, they should change the address once they are told it is wrong and have been given the correct details. If the builder shared the incorrect information with another organisation, it is up to the builder to try to ensure that the other company is aware of the correction to the information. The builder must inform the other organisation unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. Further Information